Battle for ContentmentOct 17, 2022
The struggle for contentment is real as most women say that contentment or finding peace in the day is the number one desire yet incredibly challenging to possess.
The enemy wants to steal and destroy the peace, joy, and contentment we gain because then he loses ground in distracting us. It’s truly a battle, a war, we are in to keep our ground when it comes to winning with contentment.
Contentment is a novel idea in our complicated world where nothing holds our minds attention. Most of us are easily distracted by the zoom, flash, buzz of whatever may be in front of us. There is no promotion of peace in the marketing world, oh no, that doesn’t sell as much. Peace is gone. Long gone. It’s like trying to find a diamond in a stack of hay. Good luck!
BUT, with God we can do ALL things when we come to Him in prayer seeking what He wants for our lives – contentment.
Let’s look at the definition of this nice word to give us a foundation?
Contentment out of the dictionary is:
- Resting of the mind.
- Satisfaction which holds the mind in peace.
- Feeling of satisfaction with one’s situation.
- Having a mind of peace.
Contentment is a quality we will strive for until we reach heaven’s gates. I don’t believe we will ever be TOTALLY satisfied because God wants us to come to Him, to seek Him in the morning giving our requests (prayer) so He can hear our voices and build a solid relationship with us.
We will get glimpses of peace and satisfaction along our journey, and they may even last for long periods of time. Learning to understand these times are from God is a key because then we can enjoy them for a minute or two, maybe even longer.
When we look at striving for contentment it can be compared to a battle. There will be times to gain a foothold and celebrate the win when we’ve been able to rest; by enjoying a good book and a great cup of coffee with a friend. We will feel the satisfaction in our mind and body. Then there will be days when the battle rages and the enemy is attacking from all sides as we feel them stocking us and sense, they are just around the corner ready to pounce.
As the battle intensifies with opposition from all sides this is when we must remember what we are made of; God within us. We shake off the fear and reposition for a fight by holding up our shield of faith with our sword of the Word close by. We solidly plant ourselves with the boots of peace and tighten our belt of truth. God helps us as we know we are in right standing with Him and He covers us with the breast plate and robe of righteousness along with the helmet of salvation. We are fully dressed and ready for war!
The battle can be won as we keep our eyes on the goal - to have peace, satisfaction, and contentment with God by our side as we live in this imperfect world until we meet Him face-to-face.
Go out and fight the battle, the battle for contentment.
I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. Philippians 4:11 NIV
How do you fight to keep your contentment and peace?
Send me an email to let me know at [email protected] or click the button below to go to my contact form that will come only to me.
Prayer: Father God we come to you and ask for your daily leading in our battle to fight for contentment. We pray for the wisdom to know when we need to rest to gain quietness that helps us still ourselves in this fast-paced world. Please help us enjoy the peace and contentment when we receive it, and to thank you for it. We love you and thank you for all the blessings you have poured upon us. In Jesus name. Amen
Do you want to develop a deeper understanding of God? Here are resources I’ve created with God’s help to share with others. Check out the ways that may fit your style.
- 5 Must-Do’s to Start Your Day When You Want to Stay in Bed! This FREE resource is for you to start taking control of your day. Learn ways to stay positive all day, gain more energy, and find the focus to anchor your day in God.
- Anchor Your Day online course, face-to-face sessions with me online in the convenience of your own home. You will learn how to make your day solid and anchored in God.
- Never Stop Praying, learn the what, why, how, who, and when to pray with this downloadable PDF book. You will find out how to take worry into prayer to relieve the out-of-control problems.
- Speaking at your next event is where I share my personal, testimony of God’s miraculous work in my tattered soul that has brought me back to life. Look at all the topics I offer. Contact me for pricing and available dates.
- Every Day Simple Tips a weekly video on my YouTube channel that gives a tip to keep life simple when we make it way too complicated.